Forgiveness is something we all face at some point in our life, several times in fact. Whether it is you forgiving someone or you searching for forgiveness. Now the question I pose is how many of us have truly forgiven ? Many of us, actually I'd venture to say most of us have said or thought we had forgiven someone only to hold what they have done in the back of your mind waiting for that person to screw up again, and when they do you rain down upon them with the anger from past actions as well as the new thing they did to you. Well didn't you forgive them ? wasn't that in the past ?
When it comes to forgiveness you also have to think about forgetting. This came to my mind when a few of my friends and I were speaking about this and what came up was this statement; "I can forgive but I wont forget". Now to me this does not make sense, simply because if you have never forgotten then you always live with that persons past actions looming over your head and can never truly enjoy that person for who they are.
Now I look at it like this if you cannot forget a persons mistakes or actions that may have offended you then that person is not someone you should be around. Look at most siblings who fight it out to the death and litterally minutes later cannot stand to be with out the other, this is true forgiveness . given this no outlook i have chosen to surround myself with people who i trust and care for and i see as family. This way i mistake is a mistake and no matter how upset i may get i know that their intentions where never to purposely harm me, thus giving me the ability to truly forgive.
Now thing to yourself people have you ever truly forgiven someone ? or did you just make the statement and keep them around while sleeping with one eye open. fruit fruit for thought . im done . . . .
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Mervard I have to agree with your friend and disagree with you on this one. Because God has taught us to always forgive. That means no matter what, and that can be hard. However, if you forgive and forget (like the old stupid show)it can be very painful in the future. If a wife continues to forgive and forget her husbands physical abuse it can lead to a continuous problem. But she must forgive him and also help him get help which requires you not to forget, or divorce him if he continues. Now when you forgive someone you don't bring it up and don't dwell on it. Which is what I think you were trying to get across. You see and hear about this a lot with couples and getting even. Sadly, fidelity came to mind when I thought of this. He cheated on me so I will cheat on him, then were even. To work through a problem properly you must forgive, learn from it and not dwell on it.
ReplyDeleteBut you must rethink your ideology on this one. How about always forgive, don't forget, but don't keep score.
I like your twist on this Regs makes alot of sense, i post these blogs for this exact reason, we all grow and learn from each other, thank you for your post and opening a new window of thought on this matter.
ReplyDelete